Location: McCall, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in McCall is seeking a RN to join our Med/Surg team.
Sign On Bonus Available!
The Registered Nurse is responsible for evaluating patients and assisting physicians with patient care. Plans, implements, and documents nursing care based on patient's needs.
St. Luke's McCall is a 23-bed community hospital located in the beautiful, rugged mountains of central Idaho. Founded in 1956 as McCall Memorial Hospital, today we're a modern hospital offering a wide range of services right here at home. These include our 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics, surgical care, maternal and childbirth services, sleep medicine, hospice care, and more. We also have several affiliated outpatient clinics, and offer many programs dedicated to your health that focus on education, fitness, prevention, and wellness.
This unit cares for low risk maternity patients. Delivery and Post-Partum care, with about 8-10 births per month. The unit cross trains with Med/Surg. The team is committed to providing excellent patient centered care, achieved through education, expertise, and teamwork in a safe and positive environment of our patients, their families, and ourselves.
This unit consists of 2 labor beds for mothers and 13 beds for inpatients. A fast paced environment that provides the opportunity to have an impact on new babies and their family. If you enjoy the educational side of the nurse/patient relationship, Mother/Baby may be a great fit for you!
- Identifies patient needs and determines priorities for care through assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation.
- Develops, implements and coordinates individualized plan of care for patients assigned through initial and on-going assessments.
- Initiates assessment based on the patient's problems or needs, the physician's medical diagnosis, and the functional health framework.
- Performs therapeutic nursing interventions.
- Manages care of patients.
- Documents care based on standards of care and practice, patient acuity, and/or clinical priorities
- Advocates for evidence-based practice care standards and supports adoption of evidence-based practices and innovations in care delivery.
- Provides patient centric care in alignment with professional nursing practice model.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's of Nursing Degree
Experience: 1+ years of experience
Licenses/Certifications: Current RN licensure from the State of Practice
***Please note - This Registered Nurse position is for nurses with 1+ years of RN experience. We currently have our "STAR Nurse Residency New Grad RN (<12 mo. Exp.)" positions open. Please search for "New Grad RN" on our careers portal to be considered for current opening
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
McCall is a scenic mountain town located in central Idaho, just two hours north of Boise. This small town of fewer than 3,000 year-round residents provides all the best in mountain living with fresh air, breathtaking vistas, and recreation opportunities right out your front door. Originally a logging community, McCall is now known for its Winter Carnival, extended winters and one of the highest average snowfalls in the state. It's a great place to live and work, and St. Luke's is proud to be part of this close-knit, friendly community.
Learn more about what McCall has to offer you:
Payette Lake | Ski at Brundage | Ponderosa State Park | McCall Winter Carnival | McCall Golf | Hot Springs
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.