Akron Children's Hospital has been caring for children since 1890, and our pediatric specialties are ranked among the nation's best by U.S. News & World Report. With two hospital campuses, regional health centers and more than 50 primary and specialty care locations throughout Ohio, we're making it easier for today's busy families to find the high-quality care they need. In 2020, our health care system provided more than 1.1 million patient encounters. We also operate neonatal and pediatric units in the hospitals of our regional health care partners. Every year, our Children's Home Care Group nurses provide thousands of in-home visits, and our School Health nurses manage clinic visits for students from preschool through high school. With our Quick Care Online virtual visits and Akron Children's Anywhere app, we're here for families whenever and wherever they need us. Learn more at akronchildrens.org.
To treat every child as we would our own
To treat others as they would like to be treated
To turn no child away for any reason
Prior to the start date, full COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment. Full vaccination is defined as 14 days after the last received vaccination. Boosters are excluded from this requirement.
We are seeking people who are committed to fostering a diverse environment in which patients, family and staff from a variety of backgrounds, cultures, and personal experiences are welcomed, included and can thrive.
FT, M-F Days
Performs secretarial duties for the department.
1. Schedules appointments.
2. Answers and routes telephone calls.
3. Types reports, letters, and dictation, Xeroxing and faxing.
4. Coordinates office procedures and efficient operation of department.
5. Communicates effectively via personal contact, phone and in writing with patients/ families, hospital staff, community professionals, insurance companies, etc.
6. Schedules and receives patients/ families for all department services.
7. Accurately uses PC and CRT for reports, letters, forms, etc.
8. Complies with all department/ hospital policies and procedures.
9. Participate in cross coverage efforts with other secretaries/departments as directed.
10. Assists with other duties as assigned.
Other information: Technical Expertise
1. Requires proficient secretarial skills.
2. Strong communication (verbal and written), interpersonal and organizational skills required.
3. Must have telephone skills.
4. Experience with database creation and management preferred.
5. Ability to work under stressful conditions in an appropriate manner and independently with minimal supervision.
Education and Experience 1. High school diploma or equivalent required.
2. Emphasis in secretarial studies preferred.
3. Minimum three (3) years' experience required.
4. Medical field and medical terminology experience preferred.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: